Keep Your Family Safe from Storms
During Hurricane season, it only takes one storm to change your family’s life. If you’re not ready, you still have time to prepare. Weather experts predict an active Atlantic hurricane season of about 14 named storms this year, and any one of those could affect Texas and other Gulf Coast states.
When planning to keep your family safe during a hurricane, consider taking the following precautions:
- Build a hurricane supplies kit.
- Identifying the best evacuation route.
- Taking inventory of your personal belongs using Germania’s Home Inventory Checklist brochure. Keep the brochure in a safe location.
- Packing medicines and key medical information.
- Bringing food and medication for your pets.
- Create a Family Emergency Contact Plan. If you must evacuate your home, know how best to reach family members.
- Purchase a cell phone power bank and keep it fully charged.
- Program phone numbers into your cell phone, including emergency contact numbers.
By taking these precautions, you and your family will be better prepared if a storm hits. And, when you use Germania's Home Inventory Checklist brochure, you could speed up the claims process. The checklist is a simple tool you may never need, and an invaluable one when catastrophe does strike. Remember, it only takes one storm to do tremendous damage to your land, your home, your belongings and your vehicles.
Make Sure Your Roof Age is Accurate at Renewal
Hail and windstorms have plagued Texas for years and as a result insurance companies raised rates to cope with the adverse losses. In addition to rate increases, many carriers have implemented additional strategies to lessen the impact of weather losses including ACV roof endorsements, increased inspections and . . . read more